National Intercollegiate Women's Fencing Association
The National Intercollegiate Women's Fencing Association (NIWFA) is a regional NCAA women's fencing conference, with both club and varsity members. Fencers must be NCAA-eligible to compete.
As of 2012, the conference has 20 members.
- City College of New York (New York, NY)
- Drew University (Madison, NJ)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (Teaneck, NJ)
- Haverford College (Haverford, PA)
- Hunter College (New York, NY)
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)
- Mount Holyoke College (South Hadley, MA)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ)
- Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Smith College (North Hampton, MA)
- Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ)
- Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY)
- Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, PA)
- Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
- United States Military Academy (West Point, NY)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- University of Maryland (College Park, MD)
- University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA)
- Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA)
- Yeshiva University (New York, NY)
The NIWFA season comprises two meets: the Christmas Invitational and Championships.
The Christmas Invitational is an individual tournament open to NIWFA fencers.
Each team designates an A strip, B strip, and C strip in each weapon. All A strips fence each other, all B strips fence each other, and all C strips fence each other. Teams are ranked within weapons by total number of championship bouts won in that weapon. A small number of fencers qualify for individual championships based on their performance in the team championships, and compete for individual standings in standard pool and direct elimination format.