Baltimore-Washington Collegiate Fencing Conference
The Baltimore-Washington Collegiate Fencing Conference (BWCFC) is a local club fencing conference. Meets are mixed gender, and all students who are not active NCAA varsity fencers are eligible to compete, be they graduate or undergraduate.
As of May 2013, the conference has 12 members separated into two divisions.
- Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA)
- Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
- University of Maryland (College Park, MD)
- University of Maryland Baltimore County (Catonsville, MD)
- Millersville University (Millersville, PA)
- Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
- George Mason University (Fairfax, VA)
- George Washington University (Washington, DC)
- Georgetown University (Washington, DC)
- United States Naval Academy (Annapolis, MD)
- St. John's College (Annapolis, MD)
- St. Mary's College (St. Mary's City, MD)
- Goucher College (Towson, MD)
- Pennsylvania State University (State College, PA)
The BWCFC season consists of two regular season meets (the Fall Meet and Spring Meet) and a championship tournament.
Each division holds a separate Fall Meet. At the Fall Meet, each team fences a dual meet against each team in their division.
There is a single Spring Meet held for the entire conference. At the Spring Meet, each team fences a dual meet against each team in the other division.
The BWCFC Championships are individual events, into which conference fencers are seeded based on their performance during the regular season. They are fenced under the normal USFA format, with pools of fencers seeding a direct elimination table.
Team standings are determined based on results from the regular season meets. Teams are ranked overall by number of matches in which they won more bouts across all weapons than their opponent, and within weapons by number of matches in which they won more bouts in that weapon than their opponents. Individual standings are determined by the results of the championship tournament.